CAT Bike is a fun way to explore Savannah on two wheels. Our historic district is certified as a bike friendly destination by the League of American Bicyclists. CAT Bike allows you to check out a bicycle for short trips around town.
You can find CAT Bike stations at Ellis Square and the Joe Murray Rivers Jr. Intermodal Transit Center.
Visit the official CAT Bike website for more information about rates & hours.
CAT Bike is a service of Chatham Area Transit in partnership with the City of Savannah.
- CAT Bike provides residents and visitors an inexpensive and fun way to execute multi-modal trips.
- It is a membership program that offers several options: Annual, Weekly, and 24-Hour.
- CAT Bike has with 2 stations: one at the Joe Murray Rivers, Jr. Intermodal Transit Center (Rivers Exchange) and one at Ellis Square. Bikes can be checked out and returned to each station interchangeably.
- Cyclists must be 18 years or older. Ages 16-17 permitted with parent or guardian.
- CAT Bike operates from 5:30 a.m.–11:00 p.m. Equipment must be returned by 11:00 p.m.
- Service may be interrupted due to hazardous weather conditions.
- Participants must abide by City of Savannah and State of Georgia bicycling laws.
- Use of helmet at all times is strongly recommended.